Dot Foods has the ability to publish outbound to customers upon
request. The publication has to be sent through a Global Data
Synchronization Network (GDSN) certified data pool. Note, we only
publish items outbound to customers that have been published
inbound to Dot. For more information, see our GDSN page.
There are several advantages to receiving GDSN publications:
- Any images, ingredients, nutritionals, etc. published via GDSN
will be published outbound for use. (This is the only way Dot Foods
can provide images of the products to customers.)
- Dot has a data accuracy program in which we work with the
suppliers to provide accurate weights, case dimensions and barcodes
on their items. Once a supplier corrects their data and publishes
the updates, those will flow through GDSN automatically.
- Once items are synchronized, all item changes will flow through
to the customer at the same time they are received by Dot.
Item data can be published in any of the following ways:
- Item List - the customer provides a list of
items that they would like published and can them provide Dot with
any additional items needed in the future.
- Order Guide - the customer will be set up to
receive any synchronized items that have been purchased from Dot.
Any new items added to the order guide will automatically flow
through to the customer.
- Catalog - the customer will be set up to
receive all synchronized items that they have the ability to
Below is the list of Foodservice attributes that Dot requires
from suppliers. These are the attributes that can be published
outbound to customers.
- Brand Name
- Country of Origin
- Dimensions - Height, Width, Depth and Unit of Measure
- Functional Name
- Global Product Classification Code
- Gross Weights and Net Weights
- Information Provider GLN
- Kosher (Diet Type Code Kosher)
- Manufacturer Product Code (Alternate Item Number)
- Net Content on Base Unit or Consumer Unit
- Order Sizing Factor / UOM (only for suppliers using Cube
- Pallet Ti, Hi
- Product Description (Short Description)
- Product Type (e.g. case, inner pack, each, etc.)
- Shelf Life (Min Product Lifespan from Production)
- Storage Temperature Min/Max
- Target Market
- Unit Indicators: Base Unit, Consumer Unit, Orderable Unit,
Shipping (Dispatch) Unit, Invoice Unit, Variable Weight Unit
- The following attributes will be included if the supplier is
providing them: Marketing/Benefit Statement, Images, Preparation,
Nutrition, Ingredients, Storage
In order to receive item publications, you need to be signed up
with a data pool provider.
To get set up to receive GDSN data from Dot, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.